Families are God’s design for growing, nurturing and supporting all people. The Grove’s Family Ministry encompasses birth through High School, as well as the parents, grandparents and others who provide the primary spiritual influence on kids and youth. The Family Pastor brings high level vision and direction to the spiritual care and development of families at The Grove. This role is focused on overseeing leaders of each family ministry area and launching new initiatives to empower parents to spiritually lead their homes.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Oversees: Ministry leaders of Early Childhood, Kids, Preteen, Junior High and High School
Works: Full time, salary
Leadership - 15%
- Serve as part of The Grove’s Leadership Team to develop overall church vision, strategy and direction.
Preaching - 10%
- Preach sermons four to five times annually.
- Preach in Men’s Ministry and other ministries as needed.
Oversee Family Ministry Leaders - 25%
- Shepherd and supervise Grove Family Ministry leaders.
- Bring cohesion and unity to all Family Ministry areas and initiatives.
- Develop vision and plan for taking Family Ministries to the next level.
Develop Families - 40%
- Develop a family mentoring program; lead parenting classes.
- Raise up, train and coach leaders within Family Ministry.
- Perform pre-marital, marital and family counseling, baby dedications.
- Create a system for pre-family counseling.
Other Ministry - 10%
- Cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
- Participate in general ministry and initiatives; perform pastoral visits, discipleship, counseling, weddings and funerals.
- Attend pastoral team meetings, church all-staff meetings, devotions and trainings.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs.