Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
As a full-time position, the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries plans and oversees mission opportunities, programing, and activities that fosters faith in Jesus Christ for youth (sixth through twelfth grades) and young adults within the church family and community
Responsibilities and Duties
· Lead middle and high school students in a way that encourages their spiritual growth as disciples of Christ.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry that includes worship, evangelism, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
· Develop and oversee curriculum for all programs, events, and classes.
· Coordinate all aspects of Middle School and High School aged events and programming.
· Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents of Middle School and High School youth.
· Recruit, train, and support volunteers to work in youth ministries.
Young Adult Ministry
· Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry that includes small groups, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
· Work with the Young Adult Ministries Team and Team Leader to schedule, plan, and carry out ministries and programs.
· Assist with coordinating of young adult programming and events, including college-age, singles, and couples.
· Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Previous youth ministry experience within a growing youth program.
· Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies, or youth ministry (preferred).
· Ability to work with youth and young adults.
· Proficiency with social media.
· Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication, conflict management, and computer skills
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
· A self-starter – highly motivated, with the ability to lead by example.
· Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check and drug test for employment.
· Must be available to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.