Family and Childrens Pastor
Dr. Scott Fenton, lead pastor since 1989
5 full-time pastoral staff
27-acre campus in east Plano
300+ average on Sundays
Strong online presence
Family and Children’s Pastor
Meadows Baptist Church
3001 Los Rios Blvd, Plano, TX 75074
The Family and Children’s Pastor serves as the visionary leader of the Preschool and Children’s Ministries (ages birth through sixth grade) of Meadows Baptist Church (MBC). This person is responsible for inspiring and equipping our congregation to invest in the spiritual development of our children and their families, recruiting and training the volunteer staff of our children’s ministry, enriching and empowering our families to develop healthy and holy homes and reaching new families in our community through seasonal events, age-appropriate and interest-driven ministries and an effective online strategy.
This position may be either a Pastoral role which fulfills the Biblical requirements of an overseer as specified in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, or a Director of Ministry role which fulfills the character requirements of Psalm 15 and 2 Corinthians 7:1.
- Confess Jesus Christ to be Savior and Lord, and have been baptized by immersion exemplifying the death, burial, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Believe the Bible is the divinely inspired inerrant word of God and receive the Bible as authority in matters of faith and practice.
- Maintain an intimate walk with God characterized by spiritual passions and disciplines.
- Be a faithful steward of the financial resources God has entrusted you by giving regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Church staff experience.
- Childhood development degree or training.
- Children’s ministry experience.
- Display proficiency and creativity in effective use of social media and online platforms.
- Married with children (preference)
- Willing to relocate to our target area of ministry
- Share the Gospel with those who do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Teach, explain, and apply the truths found in God’s Word.
- Collaborate with the rest of the MBC staff to accomplish common goals.
- Serve as a vital part of the Pastoral Staff in visitation, counseling, prayer and planning.
- Oversee and approve children’s ministry programs, curriculum, activities and budget.
- Act as a liaison for the Meadows Christian Learning Center (MCLC).
- Submit to an annual performance evaluation by the Executive Pastor and Personnel Committee.
(Workers and Volunteers)
- Hires and supervises paid workers in child care during ministry activities.
- Recruits and supervises all volunteer workers in preschool and children’s ministry.
- Develops and implements polices pertaining to the children’s ministry department under the direction of the Executive Pastor.
- Provides proper training for MBC children’s workers relative to child safety.
- Interacts and communicates regularly with children’s ministry workers.
(Children and Family Support)
- Prays by name for the spiritual development of all preschool and children connected to MBC.
- Follow-up with children and their families who visit the church.
- Seeks opportunities to reach and influence children through community or school partnerships.
- Provides resources, encouragement and support for families with young children.