The senior pastor provides leadership and supervision for all areas of the church. He leads the congregation of EMC towards its mission, REACH, TEACH, and CARE.
- The senior pastor will provide teaching/preaching that is apologetic and expositional, true to the word of God and applicable for the day in which we live.
- The senior pastor will perform all of the ordinances of EMC.
- The senior pastor relates to and connects to multiple generations and a diverse congregation within a rural environment.
- The pastor represents the congregation in our communities to learn new ways in which the church can support, minister to, and engage with the communities we serve.
- The pastor is missional in local outreach and through EMC’s global missions program.
- The pastor and his staff will provide pastoral care in areas of counseling, visitation, and discipleship.
- The pastor will recognize the importance of spiritual health and one’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ, setting aside time for prayer, meditation, reflection, Bible study, rest, and family time.
- The pastor extends grace to others and leads the people by example by being relational, authentic, transparent, and humble, exemplifying the fruits of the spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: A degree in Biblical studies or Christian ministries, and a master's degree (or working toward the completion of this degree) is preferred.
Pastor must be in full agreement with EMC statement of faith. Statement of Faith