Director of Community Life
Essential duties and responsibilities: These include the following duties; however, other duties may be assigned.
- Engage with the community institutions to determine the needs for the residents.
- Develop and inplement teams to branch out through the church and community with strategies to meet the need.
- Manage hospital, nursing home, shut-in care using teams of people gifted for such activity.
- Embrace new ministry opportunities for expansion within the community.
- Collect and analyze information that measures the success of Community Life program efforts and modify as needed.
- Expand and manage First Church community ministries including community meals, the hair cut program, Centershot, and prison ministry.
- Be the staff representative for the Mission Committee
- Develop and maintain ministry opportunities for congregation members to engage in Community Life programming.
- Ensure the effective management of Community Life programming according to established policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate vounteer structure that ensures programmatic objectives are supported with trained individuals.
- Ensure a positive, healthy, and safe work environment.
- Be an active member of First Church staff and church leadership.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Establish curriculum and the training of volunteers for community life programs.
- Prepare reports as necessary and maintain accurate and private information on visits of all team members.
- Maintains a visibly strong walk with Jesus.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in ministry or related field is preferred. 2 years experience in ministry activities, especially with Biblical leadership qualities is necessary.