Life Groups Pastor
LIFE GROUPS PASTOR
The South Campus Life Groups Pastor has the exciting opportunity to coach, disciple and equip hundreds of Life Group Leaders. This pastoral team member works closely with the Adult Ministries Director to provide leadership to various ministry efforts that impact thousands of people across all James River Church campuses. In addition to being part of the Life Groups team, this position also provides the opportunity to work alongside the pastoral team in the ministry happening across the entire church!
- Assist in the oversight of Life Group leaders.
- Periodically meet one-on-one with Life Group leaders to evaluate the status of their groups and provide encouragement and direction for them.
- Be available to meet with leaders who are dealing with particular situations in their Life Group that need attention.
- Work with other departments (Counseling, Community Care, etc.) to ensure members of Life Groups who are experiencing difficulties can receive the necessary attention.
- Ensure leaders understand and maintain the JRC Life Groups philosophy.
- Assist in the planning and the execution of the Life Group Leaders Conference as deemed necessary by the Director of Adult Ministries.
- Plan and implement each Life Group Sign Up event.
- Coordinate with the Director of Adult Ministries for the dates of Life Group Sign Up.
- Recruit volunteers to assist at Life Group Sign Up.
- Develop a plan to promote Life Group Sign Up.
- Develop and implement a process to inform people about Life Group Sign Up in the weeks leading up to the event.
- Help place group seekers who did not get connected in groups during the weeks following Life Group Sign Up.
- Life Groups
- Monitor online attendance of all groups.
- Oversee changes to group rosters.
- Oversee new prospects.
- Create a monthly attendance report.
- Monitor the groups that do not meet regularly and follow up as needed.
- Determine ways to replenish groups that are low in number.
- Recruit Life Group leaders.
- Coordinate with the Director of Adult Ministries and West Campus Life Groups Pastor for any suggestions of potential leaders, whether through personal relationship or multiplication.
- Recruit leaders with the intention of launching new groups at strategic times (e.g. September, January, etc.).
- Contact and meet with potential leaders.
- Work with the Director of Adult Ministries and Creative Services to recruit leaders through promotion (e.g. video announcements).
- Coordinate new leader trainings.
- Oversee new leader training.
- Develop materials for the orientation of new leaders.
- Lead new leaders through the orientation process.
- Oversight of each JR campus new Life Group leaders orientation.
- Ensure new leaders are equipped to start a group.
- Write the weekly sermon discussion curriculum for Life Groups to utilize.
- Stronger Men’s Conference: Assist the Director of Adult Ministries in the planning and execution of the annual James River Men’s Conference.
- Men’s Bible Studies: Assist in the planning and coordination of the Men’s Bible Studies at each campus.
- Help in the development and monitoring of the budgets in each of the above-mentioned areas.
- Assist the Director of Adult Ministries in various office duties as deemed necessary for the day-to-day operations of the office.
- Manage the Life Groups calendar and supporting schedules.
- Lead and/or attend various leadership meetings as assigned.
- Periodic hospital visitation
- Periodic bereavement visitation
- Bi-weekly Monday night cookie visits to new attendees
- Attend all church special activities and projects as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor or Director of Adult Ministries.
- Provide written ministry and departmental reports as requested by the Lead Pastor or Director of Adult Ministries.
- Complete performance reviews.
- Assist the Life Groups office in any other office or ministerial duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Adult Ministries.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Sunday: 7:30 -3:00pm
- Monday – Wednesday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: 9:00 – 5:00pm
- Saturday: When necessary (i.e. Project Partnership, conferences, Easter, Christmas)
- Pastor on Floor (POF) & Pastor on Call) POC calls 1-2 times a month