Mt. Hebron Missionary Baptist Church “The Mount”, located in Garland, Texas, a suburb of Dallas, Texas is seeking a person called by God to lead its Youth programs. The Mount is a historically African American church with a diversity of people and cultures. The church enjoys an average weekly attendance of over 800 people with a youth population of approximately 100 students/young adults.
The Youth Programs Director must be a person led by God and able to implement and direct activities for the various elements of the youth vision at The Mount. The youth ministry is comprised of grades 7 through 12.
This person must possess the skills to:
- Increase youth attendance and weekly participation
- Take the young adults on the next step in their journey to enjoy a personal relationship with God
- Assist in preparing the youth to establish and commit to a consistent prayer life
- Plan and conduct weekly Sunday morning youth worship services
- Have a clear and open calling to serve the Lord in youth development/ministry
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a youth ministry program
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Energetic, punctual and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to engage with parents and integrate their involvement into the youth programs
- Ability to collaborate across ministerial teams within the church
- Integrate all youth activities into a managed cohesive program
Provide leadership across several youth programs
- Beaux and Debutantes
- Kids Across America
- Bible Drillers
- College On-boarding
- Develop a communication program to stay connected with college students
- Coordinate with the church Scholarship Committee
- Establish weekly bible study
- Pray with and for the youth
- Monitor high school academic progress thru the parents
- Develop a communication program to keep parents engaged and informed
- Provide leadership to all weekly activities including Youth Sunday worship services
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor of the church.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit:
A cover letter addressing your interest in this position, and
- A copy of your resume
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Final candidates must consent to a background check, including criminal history, drug test and a credit check. All information will be treated as “Confidential” and for “Official Use Only”.
Thank you for your consideration of this exciting opportunity!