The Desert Vineyard is an established church of 40+ years belonging to Vineyard USA, with a weekly attendance of 600 to 700. Our congregation has an unusually broad ethnic and economic diversity. The church has a long history of ministry to the poor in the local area. Our primary focus is preaching the gospel of Jesus in a welcoming environment intending to be accessible for all, but particularly the unchurched and non-believers.
We have a passion to gather searching hearts into the saving embrace of God’s love in Jesus Christ. We have a desire to grow as people in the truth and transforming power of the gospel. We have a need to give ourselves to our families, our church, our community, and our world in a way that honors and exalts Jesus Christ. We believe these three purposes are an accurate reflection of God’s desire to fulfill His great commandment and great commission in our midst.
We are seeking a lead pastor to support and advance the Holy Spirit-led and empowered mission of reconciling people to God, impacting our community with the love of God in Christ and begin to gain back some ground lost during the past few years.
The Lead Pastor will provide active guidance and leadership in the following areas:
- Lead the church by casting vision for ministry and motivating, growing and equipping staff and leaders to participate in fulfilling the vision.
- Prayerfully seek God’s direction in discerning His plan for the Desert Vineyard through the exploration and implementation of creative ways to achieve His mission.
- Oversee and support the staff and ministry teams as they lead church ministries and functions on a regular basis.
- Partner and collaborate with staff and church leadership in goal setting, leadership development, and spiritual direction.
- Recruit, train, encourage, empower, develop and disciple future church leaders.
- Value the nurturing of congregation members by ensuring their effective care.
- Plan meaningful worship services that lead people to, and help people experience God.
- Provide scripturally based teaching which is culturally relevant and beneficial to a diverse audience from seekers to more mature believers, with emphasis on preaching the gospel.
- Coordinate with the worship leader, staff, and volunteers for Sunday services and special events.
- Officiate rites of passage, such as child dedications, baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of the health and effectiveness of the church to the Board of Directors.
- Conduct himself or herself in a manner that aligns with the bylaws, mission, and values of the Desert Vineyard.
- The Pastor is accountable to the Board of Directors and indirectly to the church congregation.
- The Lead Pastor is the President of the Board of Directors and is a voting member of the Board. He/She will lead all Desert Vineyard Board meetings as well as provide input, perspective, and guidance at Board meetings.
- All staff members report directly or indirectly to the Lead Pastor.