Director of Operations
Chapel Hill Bible Church is prayerfully seeking a Director of Operations to join our staff team--a relational team driven by a passion for Jesus.
The Director of Operations oversees the departments that support the ministry of the gospel at CHBC. This person will sense a call by God to shape the behind-the-scenes life of our church through its systems and structures. A strong partnership between the Executive Pastor is essential to the success of the Director of Operations. Our ministry is much more effective when our functions run with order and organization, and are aligned with our vision and mission. The purpose of this role is not efficiency for efficiency’s sake. So it is critical that the Director of Operations has a passion for gospel ministry, and always has an aim toward fruitful kingdom growth.
The areas that he or she will oversee are finance, facilities, HR, IT, administrative support, and risk management. The ideal candidate will have formal training in at least one of these areas, and experience in each of them. It is a big job! It will be important for the Director of Operations to be a constant learner, a team player, a developer of those he or she leads, and an able delegator.
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Directly Supervises: Facilities Director, Business Office Director, IT Director, Executive Assistant
Provide leadership and oversight to facilities department
Provide leadership and oversight to finance department
Oversee and Implement human resources systems
- Develop and implement HR policies.
- Ensure legal compliance.
- Manage the job performance review process and maintain staff records.
- Manage compensation planning, benefits, personnel policies, and the employee handbook.
- Provide guidance in hiring and firing, and lead on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
Mitigate legal, financial, and reputation risk to CHBC
- Continually assess areas of legal exposure and mitigate risk.
- Function as a subject-matter expert and thought leader on church legal issues.
- Serve as primary liaison to general and specialized legal counsel across all disciplines (intellectual property, real estate, entertainment/artist management, nonprofit law, etc.).
- Draft and direct the drafting of miscellaneous legal agreements, e.g., liability waivers, purchase agreements, etc.
- Review and supervise the review of submitted contracts and agreements for all ministries and departments.
- Develop, revise, and maintain the documented bylaws of the church.
- Oversee the procurement of appropriate insurance policies to attenuate liability exposure.
Provide leadership and oversight for office operation and management
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate the Executive Assistant.
- Ensure office efficiency by planning and implementing plans for equipment procurement, office layouts, and office systems.
- Coordinate administrative staff activities with operations activities to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures.
Provide leadership and oversight to the IT department
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate the IT Director.
- Oversee the purchase of computer and networking equipment.
- Set and enforce computer use and internet policies and guiding principles.
- Assist in the development of the annual IT budget; analyze and control IT costs.
Participate in ad hoc strategic and tactical initiatives, as necessary
- Function as an available resource to assume day-to-day leadership of key initiatives.
- Drive projects with cross-departmental engagement and delegation.
- Provide consultative expertise for a variety of intra- and extra-departmental efforts.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Pastor
How to apply
Please visit our Director of Operations Job Opening page to apply.