Chief Operations Officer COO
The New Beginnings Christion Fellowship (NBCF) church is looking for a seasoned and Christ led Chief Operations Officer (COO) to oversee the strategic and operational direction, execution and performance of NBCF. The COO will actively engage in providing exceptional delivery and oversight for each facet of the church's operations. The COO will oversee all operation functions of the church including Capital Projects, IT, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities, Multimedia Services, Food Services, Communications and Marketing, and the physical NBCF campus operations staff. With a focus on operations excellence, a high degree of emotional intelligence and the commitment to lead with Christ, the COO will be instrumental in the continued success of NBCF mission, vision and values. The COO reports directly to the Senior Pastor (CEO) and is a member of the executive team.
A day in the life…
In this role, you will be an exceptional leader and partner, collaborating across NBCF to ensure the church's operations are exceptional and the mission to win souls for Christ is never compromised.
- Provide day-to-day leadership presence for operations, overseeing all internal operational functions of NBCF
- Provides leadership and guidance in the areas of finance, human resources, legal, current and future campus planning (operations), administration, food services, information technology, media, facilities, parking lot and related matters impacting NBCF
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor, Board of Directors, and other members of the Executive Team in determining the strategic roadmap for accomplishing organizational goals; translate key goals into time-keyed objectives.
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, develops annual facility and operating plans and corresponding budgets including staffing and other needed operating resources to achieve NBCF strategic plan and goals.
- Oversee and Develop NCBFs capital project budget proposals
- Efficiently project manages or oversees project management of initiatives related to facilities, operations and/or capital projects.
- Develop a system/operation that fosters a world class working (serving) environment at NBCF Church, taking great care of the people who serve on our staff and attracting talent to help us grow
- Promote a culture of high performance that values mentoring, coaching and developing talent
- In partnership with SR Pastor develop forecasts and budgets, oversee budgeting process, manage financial systems, financial analysis, overseeing bookkeeping and accounting staff, reporting and accountability, financial and banking relationships, responsibility for audit process, monthly financial report to Senior Executive Team, financial and budget support to NBCF Church teams,
- Oversee all vendor relationship with the church (internet, phone systems, office equipment, utilities, etc.), including tenant relationship, management negotiation and contract terms
- Assure that our infrastructure and day to day operations at NBCF Church are meeting the current and future needs of our organization including optimizing weekend solutions and having a highly functioning relationship across all departments and ministries
- Lead the team to help acquire, build out and maintain facilities that provide environments that support the vision of NBCF Church
- Oversee and manage vaccination clinics or related partnerships who may utilize NBCF facilities and resources.
- Other duties as owned, managed or assigned.
What we are looking for…
- 10+ years of professional experience in a fast paced and rapidly growing nonprofit/church or operations environment
- 7+ years of leadership in a nonprofit/church or operation environment
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively to lead a complex organization and utilizing best practices in management to ensure shared success
- Significant experience developing and leading teams and working as an effective team member
- Proven success leading a collaborative strategic planning process and ensuring its effective implementation
- Proven track record of operational excellence and execution
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new systems, subject matters, and processes quickly
- A self-motivated, organized, and strategic thinker who can manage multiple ongoing projects at once
- Highly organized with an ability to adapt to changing needs and excellent attention to detail
- A flexible, adaptable professional in the face of ambiguity - you’re not afraid to take an intelligent risk or change direction
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization to create buy-in and a sense of teamwork
- Love of Jesus and his word, a heart for people and drama free attitude
- Ability to adapt and have a high degree of cultural awareness, learn and understand NBCF church environment with the ability to thrive, create community relationships and partnership and represent the interest of NBCF.
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine and booster, or have a medical reason not to be vaccinated.
What is important to us – A FAMILY OF FAITH
We believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the son of God. And that by receiving Him as our personal savior, we receive the gift of eternal life and are gradually transformed into the character of Christ.
A FAMILY THAT CARES
NBCF is strongly committed to the biblical idea of koinonia: the caring and sharing Christian community.
A FAMILY CONCERNED ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
NBCF invests in the total life of the community around us and takes a proactive role in planning and development.
A FAMILY THAT EMBRACES DIVERSITY
NBCF welcomes everyone into the body of Christ and into the NBCF family. We are a place where the many become one in Christ.
A FAMILY WHO STUDIES GOD'S WORD
At NBCF, we are committed to life-long study of the Bible and its application to our lives. We provide learning opportunities for believers at every stage of their Christian development.
New Beginnings Christian Family (NBCF) Church at a glance…
At NBCF, we believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God who was crucified on the Cross of Calvary to atone for the sins of all humanity, and that the power of God raised him from the dead on the third day. We believe that all who confess their sins to God and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal savior, receive the gift of eternal life and are gradually transformed into the character of Christ.
New Beginnings Christian Fellowship understands ministry as the work of the Church to encourage, cultivate, and maintain those fresh starts in lives of people who dare to believe God for a change.