York Street Baptist Church is seeking a godly man to serve as our next pastor. York Street Baptist is a small independent, evangelical church located in York, Maine, with a mission to know God and make Him known. The congregation is committed to worshiping God, to developing a deeper faith in Jesus, and to following the Holy Spirit’s lead in serving others. He shall work with the other elders to provide spiritual leadership of the church primarily through prayer and the ministry of God’s Word and to serve as shepherds and spiritual overseers of the church, feeding and nurturing the sheep. He shall be the primary leader and teacher of the church, communicating God’s Word in a spiritually profitable manner and ministering to the spiritual needs of others.
1. Committed relationship with Christ.
2. Spiritual and personal integrity and maturity.
3. Ability and willingness to share Christ and to disciple others.
4. Proven love for the fellowship of a local church.
5. Ability to communicate well through a pulpit ministry.
6. Ability to empathize with the deep concerns of a congregation.
7. Positive human relations skills.
8. Obvious motivational skills.
Duties – Responsibilities:
1. Proclaim the Word of God in a regular pulpit ministry.
2. Provide leadership and vision for the church.*
3. Oversee church staff and provide direction for the church program.*
4. Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
5. Motivate, equip, and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching and teaching the Word
of God, and spiritual counseling.*
6. Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, revival
services, other special services, visitation, and other outreach efforts.
7. Lead in observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
8. Officiate at weddings and funerals.
9. Facilitate a contact/visitation ministry for the people of the church.*
10. Review requests related to membership in the church.*
11. Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church, seeking to reconcile relationships and to
promote unity within the church.*
12. Evaluate, recommend, and appoint men to the role of elder.*
13. Appoint men and women to serve as deacons and deaconesses, respectively.*
14. Establish and work with standing or special committees to accomplish their respective duties.*
15. Manage his personal finances and affairs with integrity so as not to bring reproach upon the church.
*Denotes a shared duty/responsibility with the other elders.
After prayerful consideration, if the Holy Spirit is leading you to respond, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to 61 York Street, York, Maine 03909.