PaulAnn is looking for a Church Custodian to make sure that the building(s) and their services meet the needs of the people that attend church services, events and work in them. This is a multi-tasked position involving full knowledge of all Housekeeping, Facility, Floor Care and Events Setup for PaulAnn Baptist Church.
As the Church Custodian you should be observant, motivated, committed, be knowledgeable about proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques and also should have the ability to make basic repairs, including plumbing and electrical work.
This is a paid full-time, non-exempt position. You will report to the Facilities Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing daily and weekly duties in all areas of the buildings, including bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, and meeting rooms.
- Working with other facilities and maintenance staff, and church staff to ensure that all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing masks, gloves, or goggles and following written or verbal instructions.
- Performing maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and restocking bathrooms, and making minor repairs.
- Assisting with event preparations and clean up.
- Taking inventory of cleaning and other supplies, and submitting requests when items are needed.
- Daily inspection of the buildings to ensure all things are in good order.
- Upkeep and preventive maintenance for all facilities equipment.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Education and/or Experience (must have one or more of the following)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Custodian related experience and/or training preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such procedure manuals.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certificates
- Current Driver License.
- A passionate Christ-follower who is trustworthy, humble, and teachable
- Strive to maintain positive and fruitful relationships with other PaulAnn employees, members, and leaders.
- A collaborative team player.
- Action-oriented, have integrity, great work ethic, is responsible, organized, and thorough.
- Regularly attends weekend services and where able, involved in a CLG.
- Agreement and commitment to the theology, mission, values and worship culture of PaulAnn.
- This position may require long periods of standing and/or sitting.
- Frequently kneeling, and/or crouching.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.