Director of ZPC Bigs 1st4th Grade
Under the general guidance of the Director of NextGen Ministries, the purpose of the Director of ZPC Bigs, is to assist in implementing the vision for ministry to children at ZPC with specific emphasis on nurturing and teaching the 1st through 4th grade students toward living as fully-devoted followers of Jesus, as well as to build and empower teams of adult servant leaders to help accomplish this ministry.
- Lead and direct the 1st-4th grade ministry as visionary, designer, and catalyst for spiritual development of children alongside their families.
- Provide innovation, design guidance, and coordination of age appropriate learning.
- Work with NextGen Ministry staff to provide integrated scope and sequence across full spectrum of children and youth ministry.
- Emphasis on NextGen Social media and online presence.
- Report to NextGen Director.
- In the context of overall mission and vision of ZPC, cast vision and help facilitate discipleship opportunities for 1st–4th grade students and their families.
- Recruit and build teams of servant leaders to facilitate discipleship with 1st–4th grade children including: worship leaders, large group leaders, small group leaders, coaches, and special event leaders.
- Direct 1 on 1 interaction with children and adults.
- Minister to and communicate with parents and families of 1st–4th grade students.
- Organize leadership training events for servant leaders in 1st–4th grade ministry.
- Coordinate with other staff to contact children and parents that have a change in attendance pattern.
- Set design and creation.
- Support the NextGen team during large events and where help is needed.
- Manage and coordinate with NextGen team to create and post meaningful content for communication and interaction with our online community. This includes Instagram, Facebook, and webpages.
- Manage all needs for 1st–4th grades; fill in for classrooms and handle emergencies when needed (attendance records, nametags, parental information forms).
- Team with the Ministry Assistant to complete background checks and volunteer references.
- Purchase, review, create curriculum, and maintain supplies for 1st–4th grade ministry.
- Work with Director of ZPC Littles in order to develop and administer new ideas and receive support in the ministry area.
- Ensure that resources are stocked and parental information forms are kept current in the children’s welcome centers and the resource room.
- Coordinate with other staff to make sure visitors receive proper follow-up.
- Prepare and administer an annual budget for 1st-4th Grade in conjunction with the Director of NextGen Ministries.
- Serve as an active and responsible member of ZPC staff. Active participation includes, but is not limited to: staff meetings, conferences, and retreats. Conduct oneself in a Christ honoring manner at all times.
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ, actively growing closer and deeper in relationship with Him.
- Must maintain a deep and abiding trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, being a model of servant leadership.
- Theologically, must be evangelical with deep appreciation for the authority of Scripture and an unswerving commitment to Biblically-based lifestyle.
- Striving for a high personal level of godly character and Christian values.
- Overall beliefs must be consistent with the ZPC Statement of Beliefs.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Education and Experience:
This position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written. As such, it is strongly preferred that this individual possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Christian Education, Elementary Education or similar. Directly related work experience may qualify in lieu of a degree.
- Enlisting, encouraging and mentoring others in ministry
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Interpersonal communication
- Nurturing discipleship relationships with children that are spiritually and developmentally appropriate
- Awareness of culture and trends specifically as it relates to children and parenting
- Planning, organization, budgeting and time management
- Commitment to continued personal and vocational development