Director Strategy and Operations Children and Social Media Ministry
This is a dual-role position with 50% of the time dedicated to building a social media marketing presence and the other 50% of the time dedicated to aligning and building strategic planning for our under-18 year-old ministries. This position is somewhat unique as it would support two congregations. While they are different congregations (a non-denominational Sunday church and a Messianic-Jewish Saturday congregation), they have a have an excellent relationship with one another, have the same heritage roots, and share the same senior congregational leader.
We are looking for a person who is self-motivated, thinks strategically and can help others understand the mission at hand. This person must be able to multi-task. It is also critical that they strive for excellence, love to create, have a heart and passion to serve God and others.
This is a full-time position and will report to the senior leader.
50% Social Media Marketing Summary
This portion of the role is centered around creating, building, and maintaining a vibrant social media presence for both congregations.
Social Media Position Profile Requirements
- Create, edit, publish, and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take-action.
- Establish content creation ideas, storyboards, and digital strategies for social media and website?.
- Film and edit video content for web and social media platforms.
- Help train leaders in both congregations on social media and marketing best practices and the congregational brand guidelines.
- Recruit, equip, and lead a team of social media, photo, and video volunteers.
- Develop church communication and promotions through effective copywriting, content marketing, and storytelling.
- Compile weekly analytics reports and make recommendations to ensure the best opportunities for success and continuous growth.
- Help develop marketing campaigns and social media strategies for congregational, ministries and events.
- Help build out brand for each congregation
50% Children’s Ministry Strategist Summary
This role is focuses on effectiveness of children’s ministries versus doing the ministry with the children. Between the two congregations, there are several children’s ministries. We are looking for someone to lead us to greater ministry effectiveness that connects the work we already do. This role would also influence how we support parents in their family efforts.
Children’s Ministry Strategist Position Profile Requirements
- Provide coaching around strategic directions and ministry effectiveness for children’s ministry leaders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Children’s Ministry Leaders.
- Oversee logistics of Children’s Ministry, including managing room capacity, resources, and technology.
- Coordinate with Security Team Director to ensure safety and security for children’s functions.
- Help develop a healthy leader culture, including discipleship, leader training, and leader appreciation initiatives.
- Communicate regularly with Children’s Ministry Leaders.
- Work with staff to champion healthy families and identify opportunities to better equip, encourage and partner with parents.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Directors on, curriculum evaluation, feedback, and other related ministry needs.
- Work closely with other ministries to provide additional support in congregation-wide events as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
General qualifications for both positions
- Faithful follower of Jesus Christ, including dependency on the Bible and on prayer.
- Participates in a discipleship community/group.
- Agree with and embrace vision, values, and leadership distinctives of both congregations.
- Familiar with Adobe Suite, video editing software, social media, Project Management software, google analytics, email marketing, etc.
- Passionate about evangelism and discipleship.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with experience in public speaking.
- Highly adaptable in a changing environment.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with ability to work on more than one project at a time.
- Positive brand ambassador of both congregations and completes congregational membership program.
- Active and on-going learner to better understand their profession.
- Keeps a high standard of confidentiality.
- Maintains ongoing meeting and dialog with volunteer and paid staff, as necessary.
- Ability to work on Saturday and Sunday as well as weekdays. Prior to a formal offer of employment, we would work together to create a schedule that works for and both congregations.
- At least 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in leading Children’s ministries.
- At least 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in leading social media strategies.
- Employment will require a successful completion of a background check.