Position: Senior Pastor
Reports to: Congregation, through the Elder Board
Purpose: The Senior Pastor is responsible for the spiritual oversight of the church and shall provide for the spiritual growth of the congregation. The goals for the church shall be:
- Developing and deepening the spiritual maturity of those in the congregation.
- Equipping the congregation for ministry and outreach.
- Growing the church through evangelism and discipleship; and
- Implementing the church's statement of faith. The pastor shall also set the tone, direction, and pace for the ministries, programs, and prayer life of the church
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expository teaching and preaching of the Word of God, emphasizing its application to the lives and service of those in the congregation.
- Prepare sermons and teaching directed toward enhancing the congregation's spiritual growth.
- Conduct the church's public worship and administer its ordinances; conduct weddings, funerals, etc. as needed.
Church Leadership (30%)
- Participates as a member of the Elder Board.
- Along, with other elders and pastors, is responsible for the spiritual direction of the church.
- Working in cooperation with the Elder Board, organize and implement a strong leadership development program for the church.
- Serve as an example to the congregation and community in personal evangelism and discipleship.
- Act as an ex -officio member of all boards, committees, and ministry programs of the church and its auxiliary organizations.
- Supervise and direct the pastoral and professional staff.
- Encourage each staff member and non-staff leader in their spiritual growth and development.
- Follow a regular devotional discipline for their own personal and spiritual growth and that of their family.
- Handle other such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Elder Board.
- Be involved in counseling, prayer, visitation, and other such interpersonal activities that will relate to the flock and be aware of their needs.
- Demonstrate a pastoral awareness of and concern for the needs of the congregation.
- Provide for the broad direction of the church.
- Oversee and develop goals, objectives and activities of the various ministry areas.
- Work in concert with appropriate church leadership in the development and implementation of long range and/or strategic plans.
- Evidence of pastoral education, BS or BA required, MDiv or equivalent preferred
- Ordained or ordainable
- Demonstrated Christian maturity which includes being:
- Evangelical in convictions
- Willing to abide by the Statement of Faith
- Committed to the authority of God's Word
- Committed to the ministry, purpose and objectives of this church
- Committed to scriptural tithing
- Possess several years of preaching, shepherding and leadership experience within a related church environment.
- Possess strong skills in the following areas:
- Expository teaching and preaching of the Word
- Interpersonal relationships (love for people)
- Gifts of an overseer: ability to direct and minister through others
- Ability to creatively oversee the ministry of a growing and active church of similar size
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Administration and organization
To apply please submit the following items;
- Video of sermon preached in the last 18 months – maximum time length 40 minutes
- Letter of introduction – reasons for looking to for a new position – family history past and present.
- Social media account listing
- Educational experience with documentation
- Writing sample of your teaching
Submit the above to this website. https://bit.ly/SignalPastor