Summary of the Position: To oversee all Sunday Children’s ministry classes (newborn - 5th grade) and outreaches directed at children and families. Our desire is to engage children in a way that helps them love church & want to be there!
Key Result Areas & Responsibilities:
- Establish class routines that engage kids through the use of songs, crafts, lessons, etc
- Develop & maintain safe practices and protocols within all children's ministries
-Oversee the Faith Kids team each Sunday morning - help with any trouble shooting, discipline needs, teacher support, etc
- Recruit & train volunteers to fill the various Sunday positions within children's ministry
- Keep volunteer schedules & children's check-in updated
- Communicate with volunteers via email, text, and/or calls
- Complete background checks on volunteers (new volunteers as needed & all in September & March annually)
Curriculum Purchase / Development
- Choose & order curriculum for classes as needed
-Develop and maintain online curriculum options
Admin & Reporting
- Report promptly any incidents or safety issues
- Report emergency or urgent pastoral care situations
- Manage budget
- Make sure classrooms - toys & supplies - are clean, safe, and attractive
- Keep craft & snack supplies stocked and organized
- Assist parents with helpful resources
Outreach & Events
- Faciliate honoring teacher appreciation annually
- Oversee outreach ministries like Homework Club. Christmas program, VBS, etc
-Work with other teams to arrange childcare for special events & small groups
Pastoral Assistance & Visitation
- Participate as a member of the pastoral care team assisting families with children in crisis
Being a staff member at Faith Community Church, the following are necessary:
- Relationship & commitment to Jesus Christ
- Total commitment to Faith Community Church and its vision of helping people take their next step with Jesus.
- Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Faith Community Church, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Spiritual maturity - consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non judgemental, but assertive manner - able to deal with people’s character defects with gentleness and respect.
- Confidentiality - ability to hold sensitive ministry information in confidence and cheer for church in public & trouble-shoot in private.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.