Early Childhood Ministry Director
Jesus loves the little children, and so do we! Our Early Childhood ministry develops and cares for the youngest members of our Grove family, sharing the love of Jesus with kids from birth through preschool age. The Director gives overall vision and leadership to the ministry, always bringing The Grove to the next level in missional effectiveness and transformational impact. This is a critical role requiring a passion for children and families, along with strong leadership and administrative skills.
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Oversees: Early Childhood Ministry staff and volunteers
Works: 40 hours, exempt
Staff Leadership – 25%
- Direct, motivate, empower and align Early Childhood Ministry staff with the church vision; ensure overall staff health and effectiveness.
- Lead team meetings, devotions, planning times, etc.
- Review and interview applicants for staff positions.
Spiritual Leadership – 20%
- Develop relationships with students, families, volunteers and staff to minister to their needs, including spiritual guidance.
- Provide families with resources for personal and spiritual growth.
- Model biblical principles in interactions with parents, children, volunteers and staff; communicate the gospel message where there are opportunities.
- Ensure Early Childhood Ministry goals and activities align with the vision and mission of The Grove.
Volunteer Leadership – 20%
- Maintain a smooth and highly functioning volunteer connections and assimilation process.
- Resource and equip volunteers for their roles.
- Build community within volunteer teams and department coordinators.
- Lead volunteer trainings as needed.
Organizational Oversight – 25%
- Oversee Early Childhood facilities and equipment.
- Develop and implement Safety First programs (i.e., electronic check-in policies and procedures, emergency preparedness, etc.).
- Attain proficiency in the church database system and train staff.
- Ensure new families receive an initial follow-up email and call regarding any questions they may have.
Other Ministry – 10%
- Cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
- Create age-appropriate environments for kids to experience God; serve in classrooms to supervise children as needed.
- Attend pastoral team meetings, church all-staff meetings, devotions and trainings; lead staff devotions.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs.